Greetings! I have designed Philosophy Commons to serve as a central hub for the following online projects:
- Flickers of Freedom--a blog dedicated to the philosophy of agency and responsibility (relocated in 2013).
- Experimental Philosophy--a blog dedicated to interdisciplinary work in philosophy, psychology, biology, economics, and other fields (relocated in 2013).
- Philosophical Exchanges (coming soon!)--a new online, open-access, philosophy journal (with a blog format). I am putting together an editorial board now.
- Philosophical Book Club (coming soon!)--a new blog where people can discuss recently released books and articles in philosophy and related fields. The first reading group will be discussing Adrian Raine's latest book The Anatomy of Violence. I will be launching the site later this summer.
- The Online Philosophy Conferences: OPC1 (2005) and OPC 2 (2006). These two online conferences were early test runs for the kind of online journal I am hoping to create in Philosophical Exchanges (see above).
- Justica: Desafios Teoricos e Institucionais (coming soon)--a blog dedicated to justice that will be developed and run by Daniela Goya-Tochetto. The goal is for the blog to be a dual language blog (with both Portuguese and English).
- Plus, some additional projects I am kicking around with collaborators! So, stay tuned!
The overarching goal of Philosophy Commons is to help connect people around the world who have common philosophical interests. Hopefully, we can collectively make philosophy more democratic, more widely accessible, and even more relevant to our daily lives! Given the precarious state of the world, we would all certainly benefit from a little more philosophical reflection and dialogue! I humbly hope this site can do some small part in nudging readers in the right direction.
If you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to send them along.